Mbungu's Publications Since 2000
- 2005-Mbungu, D.N., D.J. Patton*, J.F. Stout, and G. Atkins. 2005. Responses of a pair of auditory interneurons of female crickets are influenced by second messenger cascades: possible involvement in phonotaxis. Program No. 1003.17. Abstract Viewer/Itinerary Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, 2005.
- 2007-Mbungu, D., L. Burton, and J. Stout. 2007. Assessing Factors That Contribute to the Unusual Success of the Ethnically Diverse Biology Majors at Andrews University. In "University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC) ASCEND STEM meeting", September 28, 2007.
- 2007-Stout, J. F., D. N. Mbungu, L. D. Burton, and K. G. Bailey. 2007. Testing a Model for Promoting Student Success in STEM: Biology and Behavioral Neuroscience at Andrews University. In "Building Community. STEP Grantees Meeting", National Science Foundation, Washington D.C., March 21-23.
- 2006Stout, J., K. G. Bailey, and D. Mbungu. 2006. Testing a Model for Attracting Students Into STEM: Behavioral Neuroscience at Andrews University. In "Building Community, STEP Grantees Meeting", National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. April 20-21.
Refereed journal Articles
- 2006-Mbungu, D. 2006. Why the Butterflies? In "Living Free" by Lifestyle Matters. Publications, Hamblin Company, Tecumseh, Michigan. p.356.
Mbungu's Publications Before 2000
- 1998-Stout, J., J. Hao*, P. Kim*, D. Mbungu, M. Bronsert, S. Slikkers*, J. Maier*, D. Kim*, K. Bacchus* and G. Atkins. 1998. Regulation of the phonotactic threshold of the female cricket, Acheta domesticus: juvenile hormone III, allatectomy, L1 auditory neuron thresholds and environmental factors. J. Comp. Physiol. 182:635-645.
- 1997-Stiedl, O., A. Stumpner, D. Mbungu, G. Atkins and J. Stout. 1997. Information processing of prothoracic auditory interneurons in the cricket, Acheta domesticus. J. Experimental Zool. 279:43-53.
- 1996-Stout J, Bronsert M*, Hao J*, Mbungu D, Standish T, Atkins G. 1996. Hormonal and external effects on phonotactic and neuronal thresholds of female crickets. Soc for Neurosci Abstra 22:452.11.
- 1993-Stiedle O, Mbungu D, Atkins G, Stout J (1993) Roles of the ON2 neuron in auditory processing in the cricket Acheta domesticus Soc Neurosci Abstr 19:167
- 1987-Stout, J., R. Walikonis and D. Mbungu*. 1987. Phonotaxis of female Acheta domesticus to model courtship ticks. Proceedings of the 6th International Meeting on Insect Sound and Vibration 6:19.