Woodland Publications and Research Funding
Woodland Publications and Research Funding Since 2000
Publications In Press
- 2008-Contemporary Plant Systematics, 4th ed. Andrews University Press, Berrien Springs, MI
- 2007-Smith, P. F. and D. W. Woodland. 2007. Forest Composition Study of the Great Lakes
Coastal Forest at Warren Dunes State Park, Berrien County, Michigan. The Michigan Botanist 46(2): 33-62.
- 2007-Woodland, D.W. 2007. Are Botanists Becoming the Dinosaurs of Biology in the 21st Century. South African Journal of Botany 73: 343-346.
- 2006-Smith, P. F. and D. W. Woodland. Vascular Plant Study of Warren Dunes State Park, Berrien County, Michigan. Michigan Botanist 45: 1-58.
- 2005-A Guide to References for Curators of Small Herbaria. The Michigan Botanist. 44(4):169-177. (with P. Smith).
- 2005-The Big Trees and Shrubs of Michigan. 44. Sassafras albidum (Nutt.) Nees Common Sassafras. Michigan Botanist 44: 75-77. (with D. K. Chaddock).
- 2005-The Big Trees and Shrubs of Michigan. 43. Magnolia X soulangeana Soulange-Bodin Saucer Magnolia. Michigan Botanist 44: 9-11 (with L. Steil).
- 2002-The Big Trees of Michigan. 32. Platanus occidentalis L. Michigan Botanist. 41: 104-106. (with L. Steil).
- 2000-Contemporary Plant Systematics, 3rd ed. Andrews University Press, Berrien Springs, MI 570 pp.
- 2006-Grant for the Support of Color in Contemporary Plant Systematics, 4th edition. Hanes Trust Foundation, Kalamazoo $23,750
- 2005-Additional Botanical Sketches of Plant Families for the New Edition of Contemporary Plant Systematics. Hanes Trust Foundation $2,000.00
- 2004-Sketches of Botanical Structures of Plant Families for the New Edition of Contemporary Plant Systematics. Hanes Trust Foundation, Kalamazoo, MI $4,400.00
- 2001-2004-Plant Biodiversity of the Edward Lowe Foundation Property, Penn and La Grange Townships, Cass County, Michigan. (Lowe Foundation) $32,000.00
- 2000-2001-Diversity of the Meanders Region, Dodd Park, Cass County, Michigan (Soil Conservation Service $9,000.00
- 2000-2001-Habitat Assessment in Meander Areas in the Watershed of the Dowagiac River, sw. Michigan. (AU Office of Scholarly Research) $3,000.00